Did you know that two common household items could be combined to create a powerful and safe drain cleaning agent? The two ingredients – vinegar and baking soda. As anyone who has ever made a volcano for a science fair project knows, vinegar and baking soda combine to produce a bubbling and foaming reaction. However, you may not have known that this simple reaction is perfect for cleaning the drains in your home.
How to Clean Your Drains with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Cleaning your drains is quick and easy when you use vinegar and baking soda. It only takes a few minutes and just about anyone can do it. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps.
1. Pour a pot of boiling water into the drain you want to clean.
2. Insert a half cup of baking soda into the drain.
3. Wait a couple of minutes.
4. Add a full cup of white vinegar to the drain.
5. Combine the ingredients with another cup of hot water.
6. Cover the drain and wait a few minutes.
7. Uncover the drain and flush the reaction with another pot of boiling water.
Why Clean Your Drains with Vinegar and Baking Soda?
There are white vinegar several reasons to use vinegar and baking soda to clean the drains in your home. Whether you want to avoid harsh, corrosive and poisonous chemicals in conventional drain cleaning products or simply are looking for a cheap and easy solution, vinegar and baking soda can help you keep your drains free of clogs.