Discovering a company that you can trust to do an excellent job when it comes to home repairs is such a rarity. There are so many companies out there, along with friends of friends and handyman-types that it’s hard to know who is reliable and who will do a repair that later on in itself needs to be repaired.
Finding an excellent repair company doesn’t always have to be a game of Russian roulette. There time-tested methods for locating the right company for your job, every single time.
Finding the right repair company for you
Follow these simple steps before deciding to use a particular company:
- Verify that they are registered with the Construction Contractors Board. Some contractors are not registered with the Board, or they have complaints filed against them. This is something you can find out with a quick Google search.
- Check multiple sources for reviews. Many companies cherry-pick the reviews they post on their website. So, check places like Google, Facebook, Yelp, Angie’s List, and Houzz for the real scoop.
- Ask the company for references. Most reputable companies have a list of people who have enjoyed working with them so much they will vouch for the company’s work. This reference list allows you to talk to real people who have had repairs performed by the company in question.
- Get a bid for your work. An estimate or a bid for the repair work will help you understand if this is the contractor for you. Not only will you get an idea of pricing, but you will also find out if they can communicate effectively and if their solutions are thorough and make sense. If the person giving you the estimate can’t explain what they mean in a way you understand – you probably don’t want to work with them.
- Finally, do a gut check. Do you feel comfortable with the people you have spoken to? Does the company seem on the level? Are you able to afford the scope of work? Does the repair make sense to you? If all of these factors check out, you may have just found the perfect company for your repair job.
We work with you to make sure you are provided with excellent, rapid service here at Clog Busters, LLC. If you have drain or sewer issues, let us know! We are happy to go through the above steps with you to ensure you are completely at ease before we begin work.