We know that no one wants to live with a clogged drain or some other standing water in their home. The water can get smelly, the drain is unusable, and who knows what health problems issues like standing water can cause.
Unfortunately, resolving a clogged drain isn’t always easy. Sometimes there is a significant blockage, or the sewer line itself is damaged. Without a real fix, you and your family may become exposed to indoor standing water, mold, and other health issues.
Problems Associated with Clogged Drains
Clogged drains and sewer line backups can create real problems. Here are five reasons to get such issues fixed – and fixed rapidly:
- Your home appliances aren’t made to hold water for extended periods of time. Backed up lines and water that just sits in your sink, tub, or basement can seep into the rest of your home. Over time, the water can damage floorboards, walls, cabinetry, and more – leaving stains, warping, and more even after everything is fixed.
- Stagnant water is unhealthy. Standing, stagnant water can cause mold and mildew in your home. Additionally, it can attract mosquitos and other insects. With mosquito breeding season right around the corner, the last thing you want is to attract the little bugs into your home.
- People living with Asthma have more attacks around blocked drains. Asthma can be irritated by the moisture, mildew, and mold caused by a blocked drains. Additionally, those with seasonal allergies and people with sensitive skin can experience symptoms around clogged up drains. So, if you have family members with seasonal allergies, who suffer from eczema, or have asthma, it’s even more important to get your clogged drain resolved, pronto.
- Water from a backed up drain is dirty. There’s no getting around it – the reason the water was headed down the drain and into your sewer system to begin with was that it was dirty. That filthy water left standing in your home is not only smelly, but it can also breed bacteria.
- You lose the use of vital plumbing fixtures. We have things like sinks, tubs, and toilets because, well, we need them! A clogged plumbing fixture can cause significant problems in your everyday life. For example, if you have one bathroom in the house and your toilet is clogged – there’s going to be a big problem!
There’s no need to live with a clogged sewer system or drain. Here at Clog Busters LLC, we provide 24/7 emergency service. So, give us a call today!